Veneers – Plano, TX
Transform Your Smile All at Once
As you may know, there’s more than one kind of smile flaw. Teeth can get discolored, chipped, cracked, and more. It’s thus easy to think that no single procedure could solve all such problems. However, the truth is that there is one: dental veneers in Plano! With this treatment, River Bend Dental could completely transform many aspects of your teeth. If you’d like to learn more, just keep reading or book a consultation at our office.
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin shells made of high-grade porcelain. When placed on the fronts of teeth, they hide a wide variety of smile flaws — chips, cracks, stains, fractures, etc. Veneers can even cover up dental misalignments, hence their nickname of “instant orthodontics.”
Veneers’ great effectiveness stems from their quality material. After all, the porcelain they use is customized to match surrounding teeth in color, size, and shape. The prosthetics consequently blend with your smile. You can also count on them to remain secure, as special cement and etching keep them from falling off.
The Process of Getting Veneers
You’ll undergo three major steps when getting veneers: a consultation, a preparation visit, and a final placement. Each one plays a crucial role in the treatment process.
As the name implies, a consultation is a visit where you’ll talk to Dr. Bonds. In particular, you’ll tell him about your smile goals, desired results, medical history, etc. This information helps our team draft a good treatment plan, giving you an idea of what to expect from care.
After we’ve settled on the procedure, Dr. Bonds will prep your teeth for the veneers. This stage will remove bits of enamel to make room for your prosthetics. Our team will then take dental impressions, which a dental lab will use to craft the final product(s). This crafting takes several weeks, so you’ll wear temporary veneers as it continues.
You’ll return to our office for your now-ready veneers at the final placement. Dr. Bonds will then place them on your teeth and make final adjustments
The Benefits of Veneers
Compared to other cosmetic dental treatments, veneers have many great perks. Some of them are:
- Versatility: Veneers cover the entire fronts of teeth, so they hide many smile flaws at once. Whether they’re stains, chips, or even misalignment, the shells can treat them.
- Lifelike Results: Veneers’ porcelain material blends seamlessly with your other teeth. As a result, the treatment looks highly natural.
- Durability: Since porcelain is stain-resistant, veneers discolor less often than tooth enamel. Plus, the shells protect your otherwise-exposed teeth from plaque and bacteria.
- Long Lifespan: On average, veneers tend to last roughly 15 years or so. With proper care, though, that number can reach 20 or more!
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
If you aren’t proud of the smile you have or you’re struggling with dental flaws, then you might consider getting veneers for the comprehensive solution you’re looking for. However, you’ll want to know as much as you can about the overall price of your treatment before committing to anything. It’s also a good idea to explore your other cosmetic options and how they measure up to porcelain shells. Keep reading to learn more about the cost of veneers in Plano and ways to make your procedure more affordable.
Cost VS Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Best for Me?
Porcelain veneers are one of the most sought-after cosmetic dental services out there, and it’s easy to see why! That said, you should still evaluate your other options to see how each can improve your smile in the long run. Here are several solutions to choose from and what you can expect from each:
- Teeth whitening – Do you have pesky stains or discoloration in your smile? With professional teeth whitening, you can brighten your pearly whites by several shades by undergoing an in-office process or using custom whitening kits for two weeks. This option, however, won’t alter the size, shape, or spacing of your teeth.
- Dental Bonding – Our team can use composite resin to sculpt over any affected teeth to create the dream smile you’ve always wanted. We can improve the color, shape, and size of your teeth, and the procedure can be finished in just a single appointment. Your results will typically last several years before needing touch-ups.
- Metal-free restorations – If you have damaged or compromised teeth, then we can offer metal-free restorations like crowns and bridges. Your new teeth can be made of porcelain or zirconia material, meaning they’ll be comfortable and reliable for your oral tissue. While they can last long, you’ll eventually have to replace them after 10 years or more.
- Veneers – While these porcelain shells may have a higher initial price, their results will provide the comprehensive solution you’ve been looking for. You can improve the color, size, shape, and spacing of your teeth in just two weeks! Your results can also go as far as 15 years or more, and they’ll only require simple dental care to make the most of them.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Even though veneers can help repair minor damages to your smile, they’re considered cosmetic dentistry, so they likely won’t be covered by dental insurance. That said, it doesn’t mean there won’t be alternative financing options to help you afford them. Our team is proud to be partnered with a third-party financier called CareCredit, which can help split the cost of your treatment into smaller, monthly installments that come with little to zero interest. This means you’ll be able to pay for your veneers without having to break the bank or pay the entire sum of the treatment altogether!